Largest Kandinsky Copy on Weilheim Square in Germany

August 2, 2008

weilheim-kandinsky-gr

An aerial view shows the market square of the southern Bavarian town of Weilheim, Germany painted with a copy of Russian-born French Expressionist Vasily Kandinsky’s painting ‘Weilheim-Maria’s square’. 500 mostly students have been working on it for three weeks.

Here is the painting form Kandinsky which he made in 1909.

Weilheim Marienplatz by Kandinsky

There is a website on this project with more picture, Ein Kandinsky fur Weilheim.

You can see more pictures of his work on Flickr: Kandinsky

In a recent post on this blog as a fan of Kandinsky, I wrote about Synaesthesia and Wassily Kandinsky.
Kandinsky in whom musical tones elicited specific colours, was a tone-colour synaesthete.

On Neurophilosophy the is more on the neuropsychology of synaesthesia.

10 Responses to “Largest Kandinsky Copy on Weilheim Square in Germany”

1. I like these colors

2. Kara on August 2nd, 2008 at 3:49 pm
  3. Yes that is what I like about Kandinsky, his use of colors and geometrical shapes. In the beginning he also painted non abstract paintings, also very nice.

4. Dr Shock on August 2nd, 2008 at 4:55 pm
  5. Wow. That is incredible: both the picture the students are reproducing in gigantic proportions, and the fact that Kandinsky was a synatone-colour synaesthete. What a gift that would be. Music is already so full of beauty and meaning. I can barely imagine what it would be like to have an even more intensified experience when listening to music.
    …aqua

6. aqua on August 2nd, 2008 at 7:46 pm
  7. Yes it is hard to imagine but I don’t know if I have to be jealous, little scary as well…

8. Dr Shock on August 2nd, 2008 at 11:09 pm
  9. [...] to say that besides Kandinsky I’m also a fan of Salvador Dali. Stunning graphics in this short [...]

10. Walt Disney and Salvador Dalí’s Destino film | Dr Shock MD PhD on July 11th, 2009 at 8:51 am
  11. [...] Bavarian town of Weilheim, Germany painted with a copy of Russian-born French Expressionist Wasily Kandinsky’s painting ‘Weilheim-Maria’s square’. 500 mostly students have been working on it for three [...]

12. Painters and Psychiatry | Dr Shock MD PhD on November 14th, 2009 at 6:11 pm
  13. hi this was goood

14. jacob on March 12th, 2010 at 11:44 am
  15. i love the colours but how do they relate to music x

16. jodie day on October 30th, 2010 at 6:43 pm
  17. Love the colours in the picture they make the picture more intresting xx

18. jodie day on October 30th, 2010 at 6:50 pm
  19. Wonderful colors are great together.making sunshine’s work ablaze.

20. juanita garcia on January 13th, 2012 at 3:59 pm
  1. I like these colors

2. Kara on August 2nd, 2008 at 3:49 pm

4. Dr Shock on August 2nd, 2008 at 4:55 pm
    …aqua

6. aqua on August 2nd, 2008 at 7:46 pm

8. Dr Shock on August 2nd, 2008 at 11:09 pm

12. Painters and Psychiatry | Dr Shock MD PhD on November 14th, 2009 at 6:11 pm
  13. hi this was goood

14. jacob on March 12th, 2010 at 11:44 am
  15. i love the colours but how do they relate to music x

16. jodie day on October 30th, 2010 at 6:43 pm
  17. Love the colours in the picture they make the picture more intresting xx

18. jodie day on October 30th, 2010 at 6:50 pm
  19. Wonderful colors are great together.making sunshine’s work ablaze.

20. juanita garcia on January 13th, 2012 at 3:59 pm
  1. I like these colors

2. Kara on August 2nd, 2008 at 3:49 pm

4. Dr Shock on August 2nd, 2008 at 4:55 pm
    …aqua

6. aqua on August 2nd, 2008 at 7:46 pm

8. Dr Shock on August 2nd, 2008 at 11:09 pm

12. Painters and Psychiatry | Dr Shock MD PhD on November 14th, 2009 at 6:11 pm
  13. hi this was goood

14. jacob on March 12th, 2010 at 11:44 am
  15. i love the colours but how do they relate to music x

16. jodie day on October 30th, 2010 at 6:43 pm
  17. Love the colours in the picture they make the picture more intresting xx

18. jodie day on October 30th, 2010 at 6:50 pm
  19. Wonderful colors are great together.making sunshine’s work ablaze.

20. juanita garcia on January 13th, 2012 at 3:59 pm
  1. I like these colors

2. Kara on August 2nd, 2008 at 3:49 pm

4. Dr Shock on August 2nd, 2008 at 4:55 pm
    …aqua

6. aqua on August 2nd, 2008 at 7:46 pm

8. Dr Shock on August 2nd, 2008 at 11:09 pm

12. Painters and Psychiatry | Dr Shock MD PhD on November 14th, 2009 at 6:11 pm
  13. hi this was goood

14. jacob on March 12th, 2010 at 11:44 am
  15. i love the colours but how do they relate to music x

16. jodie day on October 30th, 2010 at 6:43 pm
  17. Love the colours in the picture they make the picture more intresting xx

18. jodie day on October 30th, 2010 at 6:50 pm
  19. Wonderful colors are great together.making sunshine’s work ablaze.

20. juanita garcia on January 13th, 2012 at 3:59 pm
  1. I like these colors

2. Kara on August 2nd, 2008 at 3:49 pm

4. Dr Shock on August 2nd, 2008 at 4:55 pm
    …aqua

6. aqua on August 2nd, 2008 at 7:46 pm

8. Dr Shock on August 2nd, 2008 at 11:09 pm

12. Painters and Psychiatry | Dr Shock MD PhD on November 14th, 2009 at 6:11 pm
  13. hi this was goood

14. jacob on March 12th, 2010 at 11:44 am
  15. i love the colours but how do they relate to music x

16. jodie day on October 30th, 2010 at 6:43 pm
  17. Love the colours in the picture they make the picture more intresting xx

18. jodie day on October 30th, 2010 at 6:50 pm
  19. Wonderful colors are great together.making sunshine’s work ablaze.

20. juanita garcia on January 13th, 2012 at 3:59 pm
  1. I like these colors

2. Kara on August 2nd, 2008 at 3:49 pm

4. Dr Shock on August 2nd, 2008 at 4:55 pm
    …aqua

6. aqua on August 2nd, 2008 at 7:46 pm

8. Dr Shock on August 2nd, 2008 at 11:09 pm

12. Painters and Psychiatry | Dr Shock MD PhD on November 14th, 2009 at 6:11 pm
  13. hi this was goood

14. jacob on March 12th, 2010 at 11:44 am
  15. i love the colours but how do they relate to music x

16. jodie day on October 30th, 2010 at 6:43 pm
  17. Love the colours in the picture they make the picture more intresting xx

18. jodie day on October 30th, 2010 at 6:50 pm
  19. Wonderful colors are great together.making sunshine’s work ablaze.

20. juanita garcia on January 13th, 2012 at 3:59 pm
  1. I like these colors

2. Kara on August 2nd, 2008 at 3:49 pm

4. Dr Shock on August 2nd, 2008 at 4:55 pm
    …aqua

6. aqua on August 2nd, 2008 at 7:46 pm

8. Dr Shock on August 2nd, 2008 at 11:09 pm

12. Painters and Psychiatry | Dr Shock MD PhD on November 14th, 2009 at 6:11 pm
  13. hi this was goood

14. jacob on March 12th, 2010 at 11:44 am
  15. i love the colours but how do they relate to music x

16. jodie day on October 30th, 2010 at 6:43 pm
  17. Love the colours in the picture they make the picture more intresting xx

18. jodie day on October 30th, 2010 at 6:50 pm
  19. Wonderful colors are great together.making sunshine’s work ablaze.

20. juanita garcia on January 13th, 2012 at 3:59 pm
  1. I like these colors

2. Kara on August 2nd, 2008 at 3:49 pm

4. Dr Shock on August 2nd, 2008 at 4:55 pm
    …aqua

6. aqua on August 2nd, 2008 at 7:46 pm

8. Dr Shock on August 2nd, 2008 at 11:09 pm

12. Painters and Psychiatry | Dr Shock MD PhD on November 14th, 2009 at 6:11 pm
  13. hi this was goood

14. jacob on March 12th, 2010 at 11:44 am
  15. i love the colours but how do they relate to music x

16. jodie day on October 30th, 2010 at 6:43 pm
  17. Love the colours in the picture they make the picture more intresting xx

18. jodie day on October 30th, 2010 at 6:50 pm
  19. Wonderful colors are great together.making sunshine’s work ablaze.

20. juanita garcia on January 13th, 2012 at 3:59 pm
  1. I like these colors

2. Kara on August 2nd, 2008 at 3:49 pm

4. Dr Shock on August 2nd, 2008 at 4:55 pm
    …aqua

6. aqua on August 2nd, 2008 at 7:46 pm

8. Dr Shock on August 2nd, 2008 at 11:09 pm

12. Painters and Psychiatry | Dr Shock MD PhD on November 14th, 2009 at 6:11 pm
  13. hi this was goood

14. jacob on March 12th, 2010 at 11:44 am
  15. i love the colours but how do they relate to music x

16. jodie day on October 30th, 2010 at 6:43 pm
  17. Love the colours in the picture they make the picture more intresting xx

18. jodie day on October 30th, 2010 at 6:50 pm
  19. Wonderful colors are great together.making sunshine’s work ablaze.

20. juanita garcia on January 13th, 2012 at 3:59 pm
  1. I like these colors

2. Kara on August 2nd, 2008 at 3:49 pm

4. Dr Shock on August 2nd, 2008 at 4:55 pm
    …aqua

6. aqua on August 2nd, 2008 at 7:46 pm

8. Dr Shock on August 2nd, 2008 at 11:09 pm

12. Painters and Psychiatry | Dr Shock MD PhD on November 14th, 2009 at 6:11 pm
  13. hi this was goood

14. jacob on March 12th, 2010 at 11:44 am
  15. i love the colours but how do they relate to music x

16. jodie day on October 30th, 2010 at 6:43 pm
  17. Love the colours in the picture they make the picture more intresting xx

18. jodie day on October 30th, 2010 at 6:50 pm
  19. Wonderful colors are great together.making sunshine’s work ablaze.

20. juanita garcia on January 13th, 2012 at 3:59 pm