Bionics: A prosthetic arm that “feels”

Walter van den Broek
October 25, 2011

Surgeon and engineer Todd Kuiken is building a prosthetic arm that connects with the human nervous system — improving motion, control and even feeling. Onstage, patient Amanda Kitts helps demonstrate this next-gen robotic arm.

Amazing and impressive with creative solutions.

3 Responses to “Bionics: A prosthetic arm that “feels””

1. That arm is totally amazing.

2. Jeffery Fields on November 8th, 2011 at 2:37 pm
  3. Hello, I am a 16 year old student in paris. For my end of high school exam in life sciences, i have chosen to present the way a bionical prosthesis can replace a limb…
    I would like tp know WHAT IS THE NAME OF THE PROSTHESIS Amanda Kitts is using in this video.
    Finally, I would be very gratefiul if anyone could tell me how to CONTACT DR KUIKEN.
    Charlotte sachs

4. charlotte sachs on December 5th, 2011 at 4:25 pm
  5. Did you try google?
    Via google:

6. Dr Shock on December 7th, 2011 at 9:31 pm
  1. That arm is totally amazing.

2. Jeffery Fields on November 8th, 2011 at 2:37 pm
    Charlotte sachs

4. charlotte sachs on December 5th, 2011 at 4:25 pm
  5. Did you try google?
    Via google:

6. Dr Shock on December 7th, 2011 at 9:31 pm
  1. That arm is totally amazing.

2. Jeffery Fields on November 8th, 2011 at 2:37 pm