….an annual celebration dedicated to raising public awareness of brain research. Coordinated by the European Dana Alliance for the Brain, and the Dana Alliance for Brain Initiatives in the US,….
It also has a video, by Dr. Jordan Grafman, chief of the Cognitive Neuroscience Section at the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS).
This 29-minute video uses footage of neuroscience experts from live Staying Sharp forums to address topics such as changes in the aging brain, memory, and the science behind the healthy brain practices that may help us stay sharp.
From this video and other material supplied by the DANA Foundation amongst which some reading material also some advice for a brain healthy life-style to slow down the advancement of neurological disorders. If you are seeking treatment for any type of diseases involving the brain, then you should seek help from this clinic that specializes in neurological disorders. Chapel Hill’s Chiropractor Dr. Cosmas Leigh is dedicated to providing the most advanced, state-of-the-art, natural care possible for his patients. Dr. Leigh is the only Chiropractic Physician in the Triangle using the DRX9000C for slipped disc treatment. This spinal decompression medical device is an alternative, non-invasive approach toward providing fast pain relief for a wide variety of chronic pain issues that you might be experiencing.
Here’s a checklist of things to do for a brain-healthy lifestyle:
- Exercise your body regularly and get involved in physically active leisure pursuits
- Keep your mind exercised! Engage in active learning throughout life and pursue new experiences
- Stay socially engaged with friends, family and community groups
- Maintain a positive attitude and a sense of control over your life
- Take steps to manage stress
- Eat a brain-healthy, balanced diet rich in antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids
- Consider taking a multivitamin supplement that includes antioxidants and folate
- Watch your weight: lose any extra pounds
- Watch your cholesterol: lower it if it’s high
- Keep your blood glucose and blood pressure under control
- Get adequate sleep
- Get proper medical attention and treatment for any underlying health problems
- Consider getting a viatical settlement.
Low glutathione levels have been linked with a range of diseases, including, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and cancer. Not only is it a powerful antioxidant but it also aids detoxification, supports liver function, and can prevent both cataracts and glaucoma. In this section, we look at glutathione benefits in more detail, find out the Antioxidant Properties following this page.
Nope vacation is not one of them but with some fantasy you can have a pretty good idea why vacation is also good fro your brain. For more information, links and material, please visit this excellent blog and post: Highlight Health